The 5th Convocation of the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) will be held on 11th November, 2019 (Monday) at CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (CSIR-NPL) Auditorium, New Delhi. Hon’ble Union Minister for Science and Technology, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, has kindly consented to grace the occasion as the Chief Guest. Prof. Shekhar C. Mande, Director General, CSIR will grace the ceremony as the Guest of Honour.
Date of the Convocation: 11th November, 2019 at 10:30 AM
Convocation Rehearsal (mandatory): 2:30 PM on 10th November, 2019 at CSIR-NPL Auditorium
Confirmation to attend 5th Convocation: 20th October, 2019
Last date to apply for Best Ph.D. Thesis Award (for Jan – Dec 2018 Ph.D. awardees): 20th October, 2019
Invitation Letter to Graduand
We are happy to inform you that AcSIR is organizing its 5th Convocation on 11th November, 2019 (Monday) at CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (CSIR-NPL) Auditorium, New Delhi . Hon’ble Union Minister for Science and Technology, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, has kindly consented to grace the occasion as the Chief Guest and Prof. Shekhar C. Mande, DG, CSIR will grace the ceremony as the Guest of Honour.
Having graduated from AcSIR, your degree would formally be conferred on you at this Convocation. On behalf of the Director, AcSIR, you are cordially invited to attend this Convocation and receive your degree.
Please confirm your participation in this Convocation by return email positively by 20th October, 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org for enabling us to make necessary arrangements. Please mention your complete name and AcSIR Enrollment Number in all communications for easy identification.
We expect to make some arrangements for accommodation, only for the graduands (and not for accompanying persons) at Guest Houses, that could be available on payment on first-come-first-serve basis. Please email to us at email@example.com should you need accommodation.
You may please visit the AcSIR website (http://acsir.res.in/convocation/) for details and updates.
We look forward to seeing you at the Convocation.
With best wishes,
• Graduands are required to report at 2:30 PM on 10th November, 2019 for rehearsal for Convocation at CSIR-NPL Auditorium.
• Graduands are required to report at 9.00 AM on 11th November, 2019 for Convocation at CSIR-NPL Auditorium.
• Email intimation at firstname.lastname@example.org for receiving the degree, in person latest by 20th October, 2019, is mandatory.
• Dress code: All the graduands must wear formal dress and AcSIR Stole on their shoulder (Graduands wearing casual dress will not be allowed to receive the degree in the Convocation ceremony). Students must wear proper formal footwear (hawai chappals or flip flops will not be allowed).
• Male: (i)White/off-white Kurta and White/off-white Pyjama or (ii)White/Off-white Kurta & White/off-white trousers or (iii) White/off-white Shirt & White/off-white trousers or (iv) White/off-white Kurta/Shirt & White/off-white Dhoti.
• Female: (i)White/off-white Kurti/Kameez with white/off-white salwar or (ii)white/off-white saree and white/off-white blouse, with or without colored borders.
• The AcSIR Stole will only be issued to graduands only from 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM on 10th November 2019 (Sunday).
• The “AcSIR – Best Ph.D. Thesis Awardees” will receive their Award and Citation at the convocation.
• Parents/Guardians (upto 2) are permitted to witness the Convocation ceremony in person at the venue.
• Only graduands (not accompanying persons) will be provided accommodation at Guest Houses on first-come-first-serve and on payment basis. Please send a request for the same at email@example.com latest by 20th October, 2019.
• Private photographers / videographers will not be permitted inside the venue to avoid over-crowding at the stage.
• Please note that Children below 12 years are not allowed in the Convocation ceremony.
Best Ph.D. Thesis Award
Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) has constituted “AcSIR – Best Ph.D. Thesis Awards” (maximum 10 nos.) in different Faculty of Study. The award would consist of a citation along with a cash prize,which will be conferred in the convocation on 11th Nov, 2019.
The AcSIR – Best Ph.D. Thesis Awards (Faculty-wise) will be announced latest by the last week of October, 2019. The students who have completed their Ph.D. during 1st January, 2018 to 31st December, 2018, can apply for these awards.
Interested applicants should apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 20th October, 2019 indicating their complete name, AcSIR enrolment No., Faculty of Study and attaching the soft copy/reprint of only those publications/patents, which have directly originated from their Ph.D. thesis research work. In case their paper has been accepted and not published, the copy of manuscript with the acceptance letter should be attached. It is planned to announce the recipients of these awards in the last week of October, 2019.
Best Ph.D. Thesis Award: email@example.com