“You have to dream before your dreams can come true”.
– Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, one of the greatest scientific minds, a scholar statesman and a true patriot who inspired millions of young and old alike by his works and deeds.
ABOUT SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAM
Summer Training Program at AcSIR provides an opportunity to spend one of your summers working at premier research Laboratories of CSIR with some of the leading scientists in India, in an environment which promotes trans-disciplinary research.
The program is supported/ funded by AcSIR through its AcSIR-Kalam Fellowship.
|Registration Start Date||Nov 17, 2017|
|Application Closing Date||Dec 31, 2017|
|Shortlist Declaration||To be revised|
|Selection Interview||To be revised|
|Result Declaration||To be revised|
- Total number of Fellowships : 20*
- Duration: Two months; Between the months of May and August
- Amount of Fellowship: Rs. 25,000 per student for the duration of the program
(payable after successful completion of the training program and submission of project report to the Laboratory Coordinator)
- Travel allowance to the selected student: Reimbursable to a maximum of Rs. 5,000 per selected student
- This is a compulsorily Residential Program where the selected students would be required to stay on campus of the respective CSIR Labs on charge basis.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- First year of M.Sc program or equivalent: minimum first-class at pre-M.Sc degree level
- Third to pre-final year of Integrated M.Sc program or equivalent: GPA 6.0 on a scale of 10 (upto IV Sem)
- First year of M.E/M.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs at B.E/B.Tech level or GATE Score ≥600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100
- Third year of B.E/ B.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (upto IV Sem)
- Third to pre-final year of Integrated M.E/M.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (upto IV Sem) or GATE Score ≥600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100
- Screening will be primarily based on a Research Proposal and other screening criteria decided by the Committee.
- An applicant can give five preferences of CSIR Labs/Institutes.
- Shortlisted applicants will be intimated electronically
- Selection Interview will be held at a central location. Appearance at the interview is mandatory for consideration.
- Applicant may be allowed to participate through electronic media for interview (Skype etc.) under specific request.
- Selection is purely based on merit/ performance at the selection interview.
- Food and lodging arrangements shall be made for applicants called for interview only.
- The application form has to be completed in all aspects for consideration
- Multiple applications from same applicant will result in cancellation of candidature
- All filled-in information should be supported by relevant documents at the time of selection interview
- Please visit the websites of participating CSIR Labs for information on their research areas
* Reservation shall be applicable as per GoI rules.
PARTICIPATING CSIR LABORATORIES
|1||CSIR Fourth Paradigm Institute, Bangalore||Information Sciences (Weather, Climate and Informatics, Cyber Security, AI & Machine learning, Solid earch and Natural hazard)|
|2||CSIR-Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute, Bhopal||Materials Science|
|3||CSIR-Central Building Research Institute, Roorkee||Civil Engineering, Chemical Sciences and Geosciences (Physical Sciences)|
|4||CSIR-Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology, Hyderabad||Biological Sciences|
|5||CSIR-Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute, Pilani||Cyber physical system and IoTs, semiconductor devices and smart sensors, microwave vacuum and plasma devices|
|6||CSIR-Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore||Food Science and Nutrition|
|7||CSIR-Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai||Chemical Sciences and Biological Sciences|
|8||CSIR-Central Road Research Institute, New Delhi||Civil Engineering/ Transportation Engineering|
|9||CSIR-Central Scientific Instruments Organisation, Chandigarh||Avionics, Optics and Photonics, Sensors, Computational Instrumentation, Nanoscience and Technology, Material Science, System Engineering, Imaging Technologies and Sensor Fusion, Biomedical Instrumentation, Computer Aided Design, Modelling and Simulation, Ferro Fluids and Thermodynamics|
|10||CSIR-Central Salt & Marine Chemicals Research Institute, Bhavnagar||Chemical Sciences and Biological Sciences|
|11||CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, New Delhi||Biological Sciences|
|12||CSIR-Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology, Palampur||Biological Sciences and Chemical Sciences|
|13||CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata||Cancer Biology|
|14||CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad||Chemical Sciences|
|15||CSIR-Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, Jammu||Biological Sciences|
|16||CSIR-Indian Institute of Petroleum, Dehradun||Chemical Science, Biological Science, Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering|
|17||CSIR-Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow||Biological Sciences|
|18||CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore||Engineering Sciences|
|19||CSIR-National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow||Biological Sciences|
|20||CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune||Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences and Engineering Sciences|
|21||CSIR-National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, Nagpur||Solid waste management and modeling aspects|
|22||CSIR-North East Institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat||Biological Sciences|
|23||CSIR-National Institute of Oceanography, Goa||Physical Sciences|
|24||CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur||Metallurgical & Materials Engineering|
|25||CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai||Engineering of Structures|