“You have to dream before your dreams can come true”.
– Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, one of the greatest scientific minds, a scholar statesman and a true patriot who inspired millions of young and old alike by his works and deeds.
ABOUT SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAM
Summer Training Program at AcSIR provides an opportunity to spend one of your summers working at premier research Laboratories of CSIR with some of the leading scientists in India, in an environment which promotes trans-disciplinary research.
The program is supported/ funded by AcSIR through its AcSIR-Kalam Fellowship.
|Registration Start Date||30-Nov-19|
|Application Closing Date||31-Dec-19|
- Total number of Fellowships : 20*
- Duration: Two months; Between the months of May and August
- Amount of Fellowship: Rs. 25,000 per student for the duration of the program
(payable after successful completion of the training program and submission of project report to the Laboratory Coordinator)
- Travel allowance to the selected student: Reimbursable to a maximum of Rs. 5,000 per selected student
- This is a compulsorily Residential Program where the selected students would be required to stay on campus of the respective CSIR Labs on charge basis.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- First year of M.Sc program or equivalent: minimum first-class at pre-M.Sc degree level
- Third to pre-final year of Integrated M.Sc program or equivalent: GPA 6.0 on a scale of 10 (upto IV Sem)
- First year of M.E/M.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs at B.E/B.Tech level or GATE Score ≥600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100
- Third year of B.E/ B.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (upto IV Sem)
- Third to pre-final year of Integrated M.E/M.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (upto IV Sem) or GATE Score ≥600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100
- Screening will be primarily based on a Research Proposal and other screening criteria decided by the Committee.
- An applicant can give five preferences of CSIR Labs/Institutes.
- Shortlisted applicants will be intimated electronically
- Selection Interview will be held at a central location. Appearance at the interview is mandatory for consideration.
- Applicant may be allowed to participate through electronic media for interview (Skype etc.) under specific request.
- Selection is purely based on merit/ performance at the selection interview.
- Food and lodging arrangements shall be made for applicants called for interview only.
- The application form has to be completed in all aspects for consideration
- Multiple applications from same applicant will result in cancellation of candidature
- All filled-in information should be supported by relevant documents at the time of selection interview
- Please visit the websites of participating CSIR Labs for information on their research areas
* Reservation shall be applicable as per GoI rules.
PARTICIPATING CSIR LABORATORIES
|1||CSIR Fourth Paradigm Institute, Bangalore|| Weather and Climate Informatics,
Weather and Climate Modelling,
Remote sensing and GIS,
|2||CSIR-Central Building Research Institute, Roorkee||Civil Engineering, Chemical Sciences and Geosciences (Physical Sciences)|
|3||CSIR-Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute, Pilani||Electronics Engineering and Physical Sciences focusing on (i) Cyber Physical Systems, (ii) Smart Sensors and (iii) Microwave Devices with indicative specializations of IoT Technologies, Signal Analytics, Cognitive Computing, Integrated Systems, Control and Automation, Nano Bio-Sensors, Microelectronic Transducers and Actuators, Photonics, Optoelectronics, MEMS and MOEMS, Flexible and Non-Silicon Electronics, Microwave Beam Dynamics, Beam-wave Interaction, Microwave Device Technology, Vacuum Microelectronic Devices, Plasma-based Devices, THz Devices and Systems.|
|4||CSIR-Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow||Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences|
|5||CSIR-National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow|| Plant Ecology and Environment science,
Plant Microbe Interaction & Pharmacognosy,
Plant Diversity, Systematics, Molecular Taxonomy and Herbarium,
Genetics and Molecular Biology
|6||CSIR-National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, Nagpur||Civil and Environmental Engineering|
|7||CSIR-National Institute of Oceanography, Goa||Physical Sciences|
|8||CSIR- Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology,Hyderabad||Biomedicine and Biotechnology,
Genetics & Evolution, Genomics,
Cell Biology & Development,
Molecular Biology and Structural Biology,
Biochemistry & Biophysics,
Computational Biology & Bioinformatics
|9||CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow||Natural Products, Pharmacology, Molecular & Structural Biology, Toxicology, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmaceutics, Organic & Medicinal Chemistry, Disease Biology, Cancer CVS, CNS disorders, Microbial infections, Metabolic Diseases, Parasitic diseases|
|10||CSIR- Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh|| Protein Science and Engineering,
Cell Biology and Immunology,
Fermentation and Bio-process Engineering,
|11||CSIR- North East Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat||1. Biological Science: Biotechnology of abiotic & biotic stress, CRISPR-Cas9/Cpf1 genome editing system, Plant molecular genetics and functional genomic; Metabolic engineering,Microbial Genetics and gene regulation,Drug resistance & therapeutics, Environmental microbiology, Bacterial Genomic; Bioscience and biotechnology, Environmental science; Butterfly, Insect-plant interaction, Insect-behaviour.|
|2. Chemical Science: Natural product chemistry and biocatalysis; Synthetic Organic Chemistry; Medicinal Chemistry; Organic synthesis, enzymatic synthesis, Bio synthesis; Photochemistry, Flow Microreactor Chemistry; Graphene based Nanocomposite, Surface Chemistry, Nanoscience; Materials synthesis & characterization, Clay materials; Carbon Nanomaterials and their Application, Environmental Nano-mineralogy, Aerosol Chemistry, Low-grade Coal Beneficiation; Cellulose pulp & paper, Fiber technology, Building material; Polymer Chemistry; Analytical chemistry, Polymer chemistry, Spectroscopy.|
|3. Mathematical and Information: Interdisciplinary area of computational chemistry and computational biology, application of molecular modeling techniques to drug design; Use of AI/ML algorithms in R/Python, Software Development; Structural Bioinformatics and Molecular Modeling (Docking, MD simulation), Pharmacogenomics (Drug Design and Therapeutic Targets Identification), Modeling, Building and Exploration of Biological Networks, Biological Database Creation, Proteomics, Metagenomics and Human Genome Variation Analysis, Computational Chemistry, Electronic Structure of nanomaterials, Carbon Nanotube, Catalysis; Engineering design, Mathematical modelling.|
|4. Physical Science: Earthquake seismology, Fluvial geomorphology, Neo-tectonics; Geomorphology, Seismic microzonation, Seismic Source Characterization, Tectonic Stress Field Analysis, Seismic Anisotropy, Ambient Noise Tomography, Earthquake Precursors; Seismology and Structure, Seismic Tomography, Tectonics and Geodynamics, Seismic Anisotropy, Integrated Geophysics.|
|5. Engineering Science: Design and analysis of concrete structures, Design of prefabricatedstructures, Earthquake resistant design of building; Membrane Science & Technology: Design and Development of membrane for different applications e.g. Membranes for Racemic resolution, Gas Separation, Biomolecules separation, Treatment of Industrial waste water etc., Chemical Kinetics, Reaction Engineering of Chemical/Biochemical processes, Adsorption and Adsorptive Separation processes, Polymer Chemistry and Engineering: Design and development of Chiral Polymers, Extraction/Isolation of bioactive molecules from natural Feedstock, Process optimization and scaling up, Molecular Modelling and Simulation using DFT; Reaction Engg, Catalysis, Green Chemistry.|